6-9 JULY 2020,.DOMBOSHAVA TRAINING CENTRE, DOMBOSHAVA , ZIMBABWE
Theme: “Libraries as vehicles of sustainable development: The digital fluency in the information sector”
Submission Deadline for Abstracts: 31 February 2020
Conference webpage: http://www.zimla.org.zw/zimlaconference
About the Conference:
The ZimLA annual conference has become one of the premiere international event for all aspects of librarianship including digital library research. ZimLA offers a valuable opportunity for researchers, educators, and practitioners to share their experiences and innovative developments in the fields of library and information science. The conference also offers participants an opportunity to have a hands-on training session. Delegates are exposed to practical sessions, applying knowledge with skill in line with the national, regional, continental and international vision for library development.
The main theme is “Libraries as vehicles of sustainable development: The digital fluency in the information sector in Zimbabwe”. We invite high quality, completed, original research papers as well as practical papers identifying research problems and future directions. Submissions that resonate with the conference’s theme are especially welcome. Nonetheless, all topics in digital libraries will be given equal consideration. Following ZimLA’s tradition, the 2020 proceedings will be published electronically and copies will be available on the Association’s website.
At the 2020 conference, ZimLA aims to bring together leading academic information scientists, researchers and practicing librarians to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Digital Libraries. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Digital Libraries
Papers and posters are particularly encouraged in the areas following and they should be in line with the sustainable development goals:
- Creating awareness of the AU 2063 and UN 2030 Agendas through libraries
- Libraries as drivers of sustainable economic growth and social progress
- Role of libraries in promoting good governance, democracy, human rights, justice and rule of law for sustainable development and creating the Zimbabwe We Want
- 21st century library digital Innovation competencies for sustainable development and building the Zimbabwe We Want
- Telling our stories and advocacy for the place of Libraries in sustainable development and building the Zimbabwe We Want
- Envisioning LIS education as an empowerment avenue for librarians to drive sustainable development for the Zimbabwe We Want
A one-day publishing seminar, particularly e publishing, will be held for invited members. The seminar will come out with abstracts on preferred topics. The abstracts will be further developed into full papers to be published in one volume with the conference proceedings.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts for Papers and Posters
Papers to be submitted shall consist of:
- Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, but with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied in libraries
- Position papers presenting opinions on some aspect of practice, or describing work that is still in progress, but sufficiently mature to warrant attention
- Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges, or opportunities
- SDGs application into library services and enunciation of Best practices
- Abstract: The total length (including title page, references, figures and tables) should be 250 words, single spaced, with standard fonts and margins and formatted according to the guidelines.
- Full paper template: Authors of all accepted papers are required to submit a full manuscript of 10,000 words or less prior to the conference. If possible, the title page and references should be formatted according to Conference Paper Template. This is the paper that will be shared with the discussant and the conference participants. Presenters need to prepare their Power Point presentations that should be forwarded with the papers to the Secretary before the Conference and upon full registration.
- First Call for Papers - 20 January 2020
- Second Call for Papers - 1 February 2020
- Submission of Abstracts - 29 February 2020
- Review and Acceptance - 28 April 2020
- Submission of full papers -31 May 2020
Registration fee includes conference participation, panel’s participation and Lunch for participants who register for the conference before the registration deadline. Further information regarding the registration will be available at the ZimLA Conference Webpage.
- Download and fill in the 2020 Data Submission Form (DSF) from the ZimLA Conference page www.zimla.org.zw/zimlaconference
- Please send the completed Data Submission Form and attach the relevant document you wish to submit through email firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com,
- For further information on the conference organization please consult our website: www.zimla.org.zw and www.zimla.org.zw/zimlaconference for updates.
- If you have questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Miss Alice Parakokwa (ZimLA Secretary General) Mobile No. (+263) 778 877 510
- Mr. Shadreck Ndinde (ZimLA President) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; Mobile No. (+263) 773 902 739